Twitter Business Account vs Personal Account: The best?
Before you decide if you want to go ahead with a Twitter business account or a personal account, read these statistics:
- Out of companies with more than 100 employees, 68.5% of them use Twitter for marketing their products.
- 80% of Twitter users choose to mention a brand in their tweets.
- A 19% increase in customer satisfaction is seen for companies that use Twitter for marketing.
- There has been an increase in customer service conversations by 2.5 times in the last two years.
These statistics give a pretty good idea on how companies are performing on Twitter and why it makes a great platform for marketing and advertising. So, now the question comes, should you have Twitter business account or a personal account?
The answer is: Both.
As good as a Twitter business account is for the reputation of your business, a Twitter personal account is for your own. Managing the two is an art that you need to learn if you want to make both your accounts worthwhile.
Another important point is that if you ever decide to sell your company or move away from it, you can retain your personal account and pass away the company Twitter account.
Here, in this article, I will share some amazing examples of some businesses and how they maintain the personal and Twitter business account. We will also learn some quick tips to remember while setting up your Twitter business account.
Some Amazing Examples of Twitter Business Accounts vs. Personal Accounts:
Morrissey Helena is the founder of 30% club, a group committed to a better gender balance. When you analyze both her personal and Twitter business account, you will see how sharply they differ in the tweets and tweet volumes.
Her personal account is completely about her personal views, likes, and activites. While, the business account is all about their events, blogs, and cause.
These screenshots will give you an idea:
Another interesting accounts that you can have a look at are Javier beBee and his company, beBee, which is a collaborative platform for professionals.
If you go through these accounts, you will notice that Javier’s personal account is a mix of both his personal life and his company. He is often sharing political, personal opinions and beBee’s posts on his Twitter profile. In fact, his header photo and Twitter display pic both clearly show his company’s name indicating his direct connection.
It’s another interesting way to separate your personal and Twitter business account yet still keep them connected.
Quick Tips to set up your Twitter Personal and Business account:
If you’re inspired to create your Twitter accounts and start growing them, then I suggest you remember these points:
- Make sure to link your Twitter personal account in the bio of your Twitter personal account.
- You can seldom retweet your posts from business accounts to your personal account if it can interest your personal followers. Just don’t be too spammy.
- Make sure your business account has a professional Twitter header and your company logo as the display picture.
Here are some of my last points (infographic) on marketing your Twitter on business:
If you have any questions with creating your Twitter business account, you can let me know below.