Top Social Media Marketing Trends Dominating in 2019
To get staggering success in social media marketing, it’s essential to stay ahead of the curve and understand the latest social media marketing trends.
Ever-changing, fast advancing, and rapidly growing-these words perhaps best describe the social media landscape we’re witnessing. To help you cope up, here is a list of top major social media trends that are claiming focus in 2019:
1. Live Video Content will continue to Dominate
As popular as they are, the authentic and short lived nature of these videos enable brands to increase the perceived trustworthiness and relevance, a trend which we can all expect to continue in 2019.
The video content is continuing to grow. According to experts, 80% of what we consume online will soon be video content.
Adding onto videos, we shall witness a trend of podcasts too. Podcasts focus more on content rather than promotional content which makes them more valuable.
2. Ephemeral Content- Needs proper strategizing and Execution
Ephemeral content such as live videos and Stories are here to stay. Instagram statistics prove Insta Stories has taken over the competition with over 400 million Story uploaders every day.
Marketing has been more about delivering an authentic experience that people can connect with. Your audience wants to feel like they are right there where the action is happening and live videos let them feel part of the story you are telling. Live videos should be backed up with a solid strategy specifically created for this type of social media.
In 2019, we expect to see more brands utilizing:
- Short videos with captions – these appeal to mobile users but are accessible to everyone
- Vertical videos – made popular on Snapchat and Instagram Stories, they are best on mobile
- Longer videos with powerful stories – whether on Facebook, YouTube or IGTV, this type of video captivates the viewer
- Live streaming – another big trend for 2019 which allows more interaction with the audience
3. Messaging will grow even more
In 2019, it’s time to start chat blasting.
According to eMarketer, more than the quarter of the world’s population will use mobile messaging apps by 2019.
The combination of messaging platforms with chatbots powered by artificial intelligence (AI) will make it possible for companies to engage in more relevant, personalized and helpful customer conversations at scale.
4. Social Listening for Lead Generation and Social Selling
Learning what people are saying about your brand or industry is an important tool for determining an effective social media strategy.
- Focused listening will tell you which social networks your audience is most actively using and the general sentiment about your brands, products, competitors or industry.
- By using social listening to determine your social media strategy, your company will save both time and money.
The real trend of 2019 is going to be using social media listening for lead generation and social selling. The current primary goals of social listening are customer service and reputation management.
5. Micro Influencers are the Winners of 2019
In the past couple of years, social media influencers have become a major trend. We now have Instagram stars, Twitter influencers, YouTube millionaires.
These people have millions of followers – their every post, or vlog, or tweet is instantly seen by more people than TV ad makers could ever hope for.
Social media marketing is starting to focus less on aimlessly posting content to ensuring your activeness on the platform and building relationships with your customers.
So, as you build up your social media strategy, keep these social media marketing trends in mind and contemplate how you can implement some or all of these above-mentioned trends in your online strategy. Circleboom can be of great help for scheduling, publishing, and analyzing your social media posts.
Do check it out! Leave your comment below for help.
Social media and influencer marketing specialist who spends most of her time behind the screen. She's also an avid reader and a travel enthusiast.