Many marketing "experts” may claim that email marketing is dead, outdated, or only spamming.
In this article, we will clearly understand the email marketing situation with real numbers. Then you can decide whether to use email marketing or not.
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is the use of email services to establish and promote connections with existing and future consumers and products and services.
Email marketing strategies include order confirmation emails, responses to consumer questions, campaign notifications, and automated mailings. Also known as email marketing, it is online marketing carried out through various social media platforms and includes e-commerce marketing.
Newsletters, promotions, campaigns, discount days, and membership possibilities for subscribers may be included in the content of these emails. Campaign and promotional emails sent to clients monthly or weekly may be an effective marketing strategy for your company.
Obtaining email addresses from clients when they are buying on your e-commerce site; It is possible to convert your target audience into long-term clients by sending emails on a regular basis. This is a frequent type of email marketing, and it would be a fantastic way to attract current and future consumers.
You can learn more about email marketing and how to do it with a superb salesforce article.
Why is email marketing important?
If you already followed our other articles and know our tools for digital marketing and social management, you should have understood the importance of digital marketing. At Circleboom, our tools Publish and Twitter, allow you to build your social media marketing strategy and execute it easily. We aim to provide you best information for your marketing strategy. We want you to know how to do email marketing and how to combine it social media marketing, especially, Circleboom Tools.
Email marketing is a simple marketing approach that small firms may use because of its accessibility. You may, for example, include a newsletter or subscriber registration option on your e-commerce site so that you can send your newsletters to anyone who signs up.
Email marketing is a popular advertising strategy since it is less expensive and more accessible than other marketing strategies. With newsletters, event news, discounts, and unique campaigns that you offer to your clients regularly, you may boost brand permanence and reach a larger audience. You can also make your consumers feel special by sending them customized birthday greetings.
Despite the fact that it appears to be a bothersome marketing strategy for clients, polls show that emails efficiently influence the purchase decisions of around 60% of customers.
Emails sent by your e-commerce site stay in clients' inboxes until they are erased. As a result, it is thought to be a more successful strategy than social media marketing, which might be neglected at times.
According to Hubspot research, these stats may shock you and change your understanding of email marketing.
· “There are 4 billion daily email users.
· Since the pandemic, more than 40% of marketers have seen budget cuts to email.
· 64% of small businesses use email marketing to reach customers.
· Nearly 1 in 5 email campaigns is not optimized for mobile devices.
· Marketers who used segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
· 35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails per week.
· 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months.
· 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d instead give up social media than email marketing.
· 20% of retail, e-commerce, and consumer goods and services companies personalize emails based on gender, race, ethnicity.
· 74% of Baby Boomers think email is the most personal channel to communicate with brands.”
Things you should keep in your mind while executing email marketing
You may think that email marketing is easy to manage. This is one of the biggest misunderstandings about email marketing.
Although the labor of email marketing is automated and can be regulated with common sense, you need to build a whole construction with sufficient data and understanding to start. I will explain fundamental knowledge in points.
· Make a list of your email marketing objectives.
· Your aim must be precise and achievable. The objectives should be set in this framework based on the type and future of the job being done. As a company, you should be prepared to put in every effort to meet your objectives.
· Maintain a high-quality email list.
· The people to whom you send bulk mail communications must be familiar with your brand. It's critical to have a good email list in this situation. You may use technologies like a bulk mailing application to help you with this procedure.
· Sort subscriptions by content relevance.
· Each of your subscribers should see ads that are relevant to the material they are interested in. You may quickly make the categorization procedure with a thorough investigation of the issue.
· Make your own customized subjects.
· While developing a marketing plan, create personal subjects that demonstrate you care about your clients. This will boost the number of customers you have as well as attract them.
· Mobile consumers should be the focus of your email marketing strategy. When you consider that most people access the internet via smartphones or tablets, it's easy to see how a mobile-friendly plan will make your job easier.
· Choose the automated approach to reinforce the tactics in your email marketing. You may help consolidate the plan by offering automatic mailing as you build relevant initiatives.
Disadvantages of Email marketing
Although most businesses transmit emails to their own databases, other companies send bulk submissions to data they've gotten or purchased in various ways, which we label spam.
Such submissions also cast doubt on the idea of legitimate email marketing. Even firms that do an excellent job of this struggle to show the reality of their business and its compliance with the law since they are pitted against the law.
It might be hard for some people to tell the difference between these two types of posts. Spam filters have become required for most users as spam submissions have increased. Despite the fact that non-spam emails are occasionally caught in these filters, consumers are typically unconcerned about this.
Is Email marketing dead?
Yes, mass emailing is a thing of the past. Now, spam filters catch those emails you send to millions of individuals and those who don't get a maximum of 2% open rates. On the other hand, a tailored post has a significant benefit; in most cases, engagement rates exceed 10%, and in some cases, 15%. Similarly, click-through rates rise. this predicament.
Furthermore, the overall amount of emails sent and received every day will increase to 347 billion by 2023, up from roughly 300 billion in 2022. These figures demonstrate that email marketing has the ability to reach a large number of people.
It's also worth noting that 97% of email users check their inboxes on a daily basis. According to another poll, more than half of respondents in the United States check their email well over ten times every day. Respondents also agreed that receiving information from brands via email is their favorite method.
Even though it is a bit old study, Mckinsey shows how effective and powerful e-marketing is with this research.
Social Media Marketing vs. Email Marketing
Since the introduction of internet marketing, many changes have occurred in the marketing world. While several 'new' features have been added, others have been taken off. Email marketing and social media marketing are two of the most widely utilized internet marketing tactics globally. How many corporations, for example, spend a lot of money on banner ads to promote their products? There is just a handful of them; however, there are tons of online advertisements on other websites.
It's not enough to get their attention; you also need to keep them on your site for as long as possible. You will convert at some time if you stay in touch with your potential buyers. This is where both social media and email marketing come into play. Social media marketing may aid in the development of an extensive email database. Your social media initiatives can benefit from email marketing. It would be best if you strived to touch this relationship as much as practicable.
“United we stand, divided we fall."
What to do?
Success will be inevitable if you create your strategy, including social media and email, with innovative and logical construction.
I recommend using Circleboom Publish and Circleboom Twitter to boost your social media strategy and guarantee your success. Thank you for various features of Circleboom Publish; you can Schedule posts on many different social media platforms simultaneously, create designs by embedded tools like Canva, share valuable articles and manage all accounts. Also, Circleboom Twitter will help you manage your Twitter stats and insights, which are really important for marketing.
Precisely, email marketing is an old-fashioned way of reaching people out and promoting your services and products but we can't say it is absolutely dead. As shown above with the numbers, still a quite high number of people are using emails daily.
However, it is not one of a kind, a strong strategy that you can rely on. You need to enrich your marketing methods. Social media marketing comes forward. You can reach people by being active on all social media platforms.
You can do it on Circleboom Publish at affordable prices.