Are you wondering why there are Tik Tok videos on Instagram suddenly? The videos that you see on Instagram resembling Tik Tok videos are actually Instagram reels - a new feature launched by Instagram in Brazil, France, Germany, and India.
The feature works a lot like Tik Tok videos, many people calling it a replica of Tik Tok launched by Instagram. Despite the criticisms, the feature has been doing great on Instagram with Instagrammers loving it. Let’s look at what Instagram reels are, how to use them, and how to make the most of it as a business.
What are Instagram reels?
Instagram reels is a new way to record 15-second video clips with music on Instagram. The reels once created could be then shared on your Instagram feed and stories. Instagram reels are also presented by Instagram on the Instagram Explore feed.
The Instagram reels can be private or public depending on your Instagram account privacy.
How to create Instagram reels?
The new reels feature sounds exciting and promising in the long run. To create your first Instagram reel, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram app and click on the +icon at the top left to open the Instagram Stories camera. You can see Reels next to the Story mode. In order: Live, Story, Reels. Click on Reels to create your first reel.
- With the audio icon (1) you can add audio to your Instagram reel. You can select the audio from Instagram’s music library or upload your own audio. You can also select the part of audio you need for your video.
- With the speed icon (2) you can determine the playback speed of your video.
- If you want the special AR effects in your video clip, then click on effects (3) to add the Instagram reel effects.
- You can also select a timer (4) if you want to add a timer before your video recording starts.
- Last and the most important step would be creating the video. You can either create a new video (5) or upload an existing video from your gallery. Just like Tik Tok, you can stop and record as many times as you want in your 15 second clip.
- Once all the steps above are done, you can add Instagram stickers and thumbnail to your reel. Then you can simply share it to your Stories or Feed.
The benefits of Instagram reels for brands and businesses:
Reels can help you show the more human and less picture perfect side of your brand. It can help you be more creative visually and present better content to your followers. Reels can also see a great future with influencers and brands creating stunning reel videos together. Brands like Louis Vuitton, Sephora are already getting millions of views on their reel videos.
So, get started and learn how to use Instagram reels before it’s too late! Take inspiration from brands and influencers to create reels that can make it to Instagram’s Explore feed and gain you new followers on Instagram.