Thousands of Twitter users feel stranded when their Twitter account gets suspended overnight due to aggressive behavior on the platform. Twitter’s stringent policies have made it harder for users to unfollow Twitter accounts without putting their accounts at risk.
The attempt has been made by Twitter to clean the platform of unnecessary unfollow-follow. Twitter has cut-off API access to several tools this year that allowed mass unfollow using their app. Hence, it’s important for any Twitter user to be aware of the Twitter rules before they decide to unfollow.
When unfollowing a few accounts in weeks, you can simply unfollow them from the Twitter app. But, when you need to unfollow a lot of Twitter accounts, it’s best to use a third-party tool that can save you from the extra effort.
Circleboom is a Twitter compliant tool that you can use to manage your Twitter unfollowers and followers. As Circleboom works in accordance with the Twitter policies, you cannot directly unfollow accounts from the app, but it helps you to filter Twitter accounts that need to be unfollowed.
Let’s have a look at how you can use Circleboom to unfollow Twitter accounts without getting your Twitter account blocked or suspended.
How to Safely Unfollow Twitter Accounts with Circleboom
Circleboom can help you unfollow right accounts by giving you lists of Twitter accounts:
-> Lost Focus
-> Fake or spam Twitter accounts
-> Inactive accounts
-> Overactive Twitter accounts
-> All your Friends
To unfollow any of these accounts, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Circleboom app by authenticating your Twitter account and go to “The Circle” from the menu on the left.
- Then, select “Lost Focus” to unfollow accounts who do not follow back. You can select fake/spam, inactive, overactive, eggheads from the sub-menu depending on the accounts you want to unfollow.
- Once selected, Circleboom will list all the accounts on your dashboard. You can choose to visit each account and unfollow them from the Twitter app.
What are the benefits of using Circleboom to unfollow Twitter accounts?
- By sorting your Circleboom list by the number of tweets, you can check the accounts who are tweeting the least. Also, observing their joined date will confirm if the accounts are old and hardly been used.
- You can perform a grid search to shortlist accounts based on specific keywords or hashtags. Grid search can also help you in filtering accounts by language or location.
- You can create whitelists and blacklists to manage which accounts appear in your search list.
- Accounts can be sorted by the number of followers and friends.
Using a Twitter-compliant app like Circleboom can be highly useful in managing your Twitter account. Other than managing unfollowers, you can also schedule your tweets and get analytics with the Circleboom app. Users can also choose to get rid of old tweets, retweets, and likes, with the Circleboom app.
The free plan is perfect for beginners to test and see how the app works for your needs. If you want to upgrade, you can learn about the paid plans here.