Do you often wonder while following a Twitter account if it’s real or fake? The number of fake Twitter accounts following you are definitely more than you would be able to account for. Fake Twitter accounts are accounts that are not necessarily human, they are bots, trolls, and spam accounts. They look like normal Twitter accounts hence we easily follow them and are followed by so many of them.
The point of removing fake accounts from your Twitter is cleaning your account of profiles that will never engage with you. Any content you post or anything you tweet, you will never receive any engagement from them because they are not real Twitter accounts.
To spot fake accounts, you need to use a tool that can help you verify if your followers are fake or real as it’s hard to understand otherwise. One such tool is Circleboom, it has a fake Twitter account checker that analyzes all your followers and spots fake accounts. Let’s learn how you can use Circleboom to spot inactive and fake accounts in your Twitter profile.
Steps to remove fake Twitter accounts:
- Login to the Circleboom dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account.
- Once logged in, head to the Circleboom menu on the left and select “The Circle” -> “Fake/Spam” to list all fake accounts that follow your Twitter account.
- From the listed Twitter accounts, you can visit each account to further confirm if they are fake accounts or not. To unfollow accounts, click on the red visit icon, visit their profile and unfollow them.
- If there’s a pattern of fake accounts that you are trying to unfollow, then you can use the grid power search and find the accounts that you want to remove. You can also search for accounts by location and language.
- You can also add selected Twitter accounts to whitelist if you never want to unfollow them and don’t want them listed again in your future searches.
- Other than fake accounts, with the CIrcle menu, you can also remove dead/inactive accounts, overactives, and egghead accounts.
Ready to remove?
Circleboom is an effective fake Twitter account checker that you can reliably trust and use for all your Twitter requirements. Using the tool will make cleaning your Twitter account fast and easy. All the unwanted accounts are listed in a clean fashion allowing you to quickly grasp your account scenario and then unfollow them.
Other than removing fake accounts, you can also use Circleboom to publish your social media posts. With the social media publisher and queue settings, you can quickly schedule your social tweets and posts. You can also use the tool to manage your Twitter analytics and see how well your account is growing. The number of new followers and unfollowers can help you track your Twitter account. Last but not the least, use Circleboom to delete your old tweets, retweets, and likes. This feature is quite useful as all of us have old tweets that we regret but are unable to delete.