Ghost followers and friends are inactive accounts that do not engage with your Twitter account. These accounts could be made by spammers or by bots and they just follow you on Twitter while never interacting with your account. It’s best to remove ghost Twitter followers and friends save your Twitter account from spammers.
Now, the question is, how can you distinguish between ghost, bot, fake, and inactive Twitter followers and friends?
I would say that none of them really contribute to your tweets in any way. They add to your Twitter following numbers with no benefit of actually following them or being followed by them.
Why should you bother to remove fake and ghost Twitter followers and Friends?
Firstly, because they are inactive or dead accounts, you have no reason to follow them. You do not see any valuable content from them or maybe any content at all.
Secondly, if you’re an avid Twitter user who cares about his tweet engagement than these accounts give you false analytics.
Let’s just say that you have 6k Twitter followers. A Twitter audit shows you that 65% of your Twitter followers are either ghost followers or inactive accounts.
A quick calculation would tell you that almost 4000 of your followers have been worthless while you have been expecting retweets and likes from them.
So, when your like percentage is 2% in your Twitter analytics, it’s actually 6% because more than half of your followers are bots or spam accounts.
Hence, rather than having a big number of fake and inactive followers in your account, it’s better to grow actual Twitter followers. And, remove ghost Twitter followers.
How to Remove Ghost Twitter Friends:
Tools like Circleboom can easily help you in removing inactive and fake accounts from your Twitter. In fact, Circleboom even has a free plan to help you remove ghost Twitter friends.
Let’s look at the steps:
- Login to the Circleboom dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account information.
- On the left panel of the dashboard, you will see a menu. Click on “Circle” in the menu and you will see a sub menu.
- Click on “inactives” to find ghost followers or inactive accounts. Click on “fake/spam” to remove fake or bot accounts from your Twitter friends. You can also remove your them with this process.
- When you select either of the options above, Circleboom will automatically detect your fake and ghost Twitter friends.
- Next to each Twitter account, you will have a button to “Visit” those Twitter accounts. As these accounts are usually bots or spammers, they unfollow you too when you unfollow them.
- You can visit all the accounts from the Circleboom dashboard. This will make sure that everyone you follow are real Twitter accounts and not some ghosts or bots.
Are you ready to Remove Ghost Twitter Friends?
Circleboom makes it really easy for you to get rid of all inactive accounts and bots. The tool is a huge time saver.
Circleboom also has paid monthly plans starting at $7.9 per month to get rid of unlimited Twitter accounts within Twitter rules.
I hope the article above will help you clean your account and boost your Twitter engagement.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or doubts.