You can start a dropshipping business in less than half an hour. That’s the beauty of it. The main task at hand with dropshipping is marketing. Promoting your dropshipping business on Twitter can help you reach new audiences and gain customers.
Promoting your dropshipping business on Twitter is very much like promoting your e-commerce business on Twitter. As a dropshipping website is a fully-fledged e-commerce site with main difference in terms of your sourcing and shipping.
Twitter makes an excellent social media tool to promote your dropshipping business because according to the statistics:
- 49% of female Twitter shoppers have said that the content on Twitter has been the primary influence on their purchasing decisions.
- Twitter users were also found to make twice as many purchases in a month compared to non-Twitter users.
- Retail shoppers are more likely to converse with brands on Twitter 240% more than other social networks.
The above statistics make Twitter a social media platform that you must use to promote your new business. Let’s learn at some of the methods below:
#1 Create an Attractive Twitter Account:
Keep the following points in mind while creating your Twitter account:
- Showcase your products in your cover photo: Your cover photo speaks volumes about your shop items and you should be adding your best-sellers or best products in the cover photo.
- Add your logo as your Twitter profile picture: Keep your profile picture simple by adding a circular logo to your Twitter profile.
- Write a short description with a link to your website in your Twitter account information.
- Keep adding your stunning products to your Twitter feed.
#2 Leverage the latest trends while creating your Twitter posts:
This amazing example of Oreo is exactly how you should be leveraging the latest trends to reach more people on Twitter. Oreo took advantage of the Game of Thrones (GoT) show to create a buzz by making their tweets on every latest GoT episode.
You can use any upcoming movies, shows, music, events, and festivals to get more reach on Twitter. Focusing on trending hashtags on Twitter is also a wise strategy.
#3 Create easy Games and Challenges on Twitter with your Products:
People love to play games on social media. If you can create some short and interesting games that people can play on social media, it could be a huge marketing effort from your side. If you cannot create a game, creating simple yet interesting videos that your users can share is also a win-win for you.
Here’s an example of Myntra, an online e-commerce site on how they create a simple video featuring their summer collection:
#4 Experiment with Twitter Ads:
While it might be hard for you to target your audience on Twitter by tweets and hashtags, you can definitely reach out to them with Twitter ads. Ads will give you a chance to target your audience by selecting the right interests and hashtags.
You can learn all about Twitter advertising in this guide here.
#5 Follow Twitter Accounts by Location and Keywords:
Following targeted Twitter accounts can also create a possibility of your audiences viewing your Twitter profile and following your account.
If you want to target who to follow on Twitter, you can use Circleboom to make your life easier. Circleboom helps you find accounts by narrowing down the searches by hashtags and keywords. You can also use Circleboom to find who unfollowed your account.
It’s possible to reach a niche audience with the right promotion on Twitter. There are no direct methods that work for everyone, but experimenting a set of different strategies can get you success on Twitter.
I hope the points above on how to promote your dropshipping business on Twitter will help you out. If you’ve any questions while working on it, please share with us in the comments below.