You can spend hours writing the perfect tweets and publishing them on Twitter. But, when you want to delete all tweets, you want an instant solution. No one has patience to browse their Twitter profiles and delete each tweet. Deleting tweets can also take hours as Twitter has no easy way that can help you delete all tweets in a click.
The best way to delete old tweets in the least time with minimum efforts is by using Circleboom. Circleboom is a Twitter tool that helps Twitter users perform many Twitter activities in a simple and effective manner. It helps in faster scheduling of tweets, managing followers, and organizing tweets. With it’s My Tweet feature, you can delete your old tweets and retweets in a few steps.
In this article, we will look at those steps and help you delete all tweets from your Twitter account. It’s important to note that once you follow the steps below, your tweets will be deleted forever and cannot be recovered. You can choose to delete all or specific tweets. Here goes the step-by-step instructions on deleting tweets:
Step #1: Download your Twitter archive:
To delete all your tweets, first you need to download your Twitter archive from Twitter. Your twitter archive contains all your tweets including retweets and replies. To download your Twitter archive:
- Go to your Twitter account. Click on “More” on the left and select “Accounts and Privacy.”
- From Settings, select “Account” and enter your password under “Download your Twitter data” on the left.
- Once you hit confirm, click on “Request data” and your Twitter archive will be emailed to you by Twitter on your registered email id.
- Twitter will email you a zip folder. Unzip the folder and separately save the “tweet.js” file as you need to upload this on Circleboom to delete tweets.
- You can also read more details here
Step #2: Upload your Twitter archive on Circleboom:
Next step would be to use Circleboom’s My Tweet feature to delete your tweets.
- Login to the Circleboom dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account.
- From the Circleboom menu on the left, select “My Tweets.” From the sub-menu, select “Delete old tweets.”
- Circleboom will now ask you to upload your Twitter archive. Upload the previously saved tweet.js file here. And, click on “Start here.”
Step #3: Filter tweets that you want to delete and click on “Approve”:
In this section, you will see filters that will help you delete all or selected tweets.
- If you want to delete all tweets and clean your Twitter profile 100%, then without selecting any filters, just click on Approve and all your tweets will be deleted. The deleted tweets will also include retweets and replies published by you.
- If you want to delete selected tweets, then you can use the filters to shortlist which tweets to delete. With the date filter, you can delete tweets within a specific period. With the text box, you can delete tweets with specific keywords/usernames/hashtags. And lastly, you can delete tweets that you’ve written in particular languages. Once all your filters are set, click on “Approve” to delete filtered tweets.
Voila, your tweets are deleted!
If you have followed the steps above, I would take a second to congratulate you for successfully getting rid of old tweets. If you have faced any issue, you can refer to the Circleboom Help section for a quick fix. Happy deleting!