Can’t add Music on an Instagram Story? Follow these steps
Adding music on an Instagram story can make your story more interesting and fun for your viewers. People might spend a few extra seconds in your story because music can hold people longer. According to the Brandwatch, 60% of Instagram stories are played with the sound on which seems like a real motivation to add music to your Instagram stories.
There are several ways how you can add or share music on your Instagram stories. If you’re unable to add music in one of the ways, you can try the other methods listed below. So, let’s look at how you can add music on an Instagram story and possible reasons why you’re unable to do it.
Adding Music on an Instagram Story with the Music Icon:
This is the simplest way to add music to any Instagram story. However, this requires a music feature which might not be available in all the countries. Currently, the music feature is available in the following countries:
- New Zealand
Instagram is slowly rolling out the process in other countries, but if you can’t see a music icon or a music sticker, then the main reason is that it’s not supported in your region.
For those who live in a country that supports music icon/sticker, here’s how to add it to your story:
- Create a new Instagram story. Tap the music icon at the top.
- Select the song that you wish to add your Instagram story. You can search for music by selecting from the popular, mood, and genre options. The search bar at the top allows you to search for any music by typing its name.
- You can select the portion of the song that you want and also select the duration. You can only add up to 15 seconds, which is fine, as that is also the length of any Instagram story.
- Hit Done and your music is added to the story.
If a music sticker or icon is not available in your country, then you can follow the methods below to share music on Instagram story.
Adding Music to an Instagram Story using 3rd-party Apps:
There are several third-party apps available that allow you to watch Instagram stories anonymously and create stories by adding multiple pictures, edit your videos, and add music to it. I believe this is the best way if you can’t add a music sticker in your story. Also, the editing capabilities of these apps allow you to be more creative with your Instagram stories.
To add music from a third-party app, download a story app from your App Store or Play Store. For example, we are using Story Maker that we downloaded from the Play Store. Using this app, you can add your pictures or videos, and add any audio from your mobile device to the story. This is useful if you are well aware of the music you wish to add to the story.
Sharing Music to your Instagram Story from Spotify:
Do you want to share music on Instagram story like your friends do? Sharing from Spotify is really easy.
Here are the steps:
- Just open Spotify and select the music you wish to share.
- Click on the Share icon and select Instagram stories.
- The song will be added to your Instagram story. Now, you can add other stickers like gifs or questions to your story if you want.
We hope that the methods above will make adding music to your Instagram stories easy and fun. So, go ahead and try in on your phones. If you have any questions or issues doing it, share it with us in the comments below.
Social media and influencer marketing specialist who spends most of her time behind the screen. She's also an avid reader and a travel enthusiast.