If you’re struggling in 2020 to add multiple photos to Instagram story, then you are definitely missing out on using all the features of Instagram. Adding multiple photos to your Insta story is as easy as pie and no one should make you do it the hard way.
Instagram stories is one of the most used features of Instagram with more than 500 million daily users. Using stories effectively helps you better present yourself on Instagram. Many influencers create multiple story posts in a day because it helps them connect with their followers.
Sometimes, we want to click a few photos and add them to our story but we don’t want to overdo. In such a situation, it’s best if we can add all the pictures in the same story and not create multiple stories that look alike.
In this article, we will look at the simplest way on how you can add up to 6 photos to a single Instagram story. The best part is that we are not going to use any third-party apps in doing the same. By simply using the features of Instagram app, we will add more than one picture. So, follow the steps below and never panic about adding more photos to a single Insta story.
Steps to add multiple photos (2-6 photos) to your Instagram story:
By the end of 2019, Instagram has added Layout to their Instagram story features. If you have previously used the Layout app, it’s an app that allows you to create a collage of your photos so you can post the picture to your Instagram feed or stories. Now, instead of using the app outside, you can directly use it in your Instagram stories to add more than one photo to your story. Here are the steps to do so:
- On your Instagram app, click on the + icon at the top left that allows you to add your story.
- Instagram stories will now give you different options to create your story at the bottom. Swipe right and you will see the Layout feature next to the Boomerang feature.
- Select the Layout feature and you will see small icons indicating different layouts according to which you can add your photos.
- You can add 2, 4, or 6 photos to an Insta story using this feature. Images can be added horizontally or vertically based on the images you want to add.
- Next, click the images as per the layout you have selected.
- If you don’t want to click the pictures immediately but use already clicked photos, then click on the small gallery icon at the bottom left. This will allow you to add photos from your gallery to the Instagram story.
- Once your images are selected and added to the layout, click on the tick to finalize the image. Now you can access the basic Instagram story features if you want to add text, gif, or filters to your layout image.
The above steps along with step-by-step screenshots will allow you to easily add more photos to a single Instagram story. If you have any questions in following the steps above, you can let me know in the comments below.