4 Digital Marketing Trends For 2020
Keeping updated with the dynamic digital marketing trends will keep your business ahead of your competitors. Other than beating the competition, another important reason to know the latest digital marketing trends to attract the ever-changing customer mindsets. 2020 is around the corner, and so is our need to quickly run through the expected marketing trends of 2020.
With 2019 primarily being about social commerce, influencers, artificial intelligence, and voice search, 2020 is expected to be more focused on customers and their requirements. Here are some of the top digital marketing trends for 2020 that you must look forward to:
Focus on Interactive Content:
Moving away from just giving information to the buyers, 2020 is going to be about involving buyers and interacting with them. Today’s buyers are more interested in engaging with the websites and social media posts they come across.
How to make your content more interactive in 2020?
- Allow users to share your content by adding social media share icons on your product pages.
- Add polls and contact forms to your sites so buyers can easily contact you.
- Make your emails more interactive by asking questions and reviews.
- Add 360-degree videos to your sites and social media so customers can spend more time watching your content.
- Create shoppable posts on Instagram and tag your products on Facebook.
Give Importance to Customer Privacy:
With the major tech companies focusing on privacy and adjusting their policies primarily for customers, it’s finally the era where customer’s privacy is of utmost importance. While creating your marketing campaigns, you have to make sure that your customers feel that their data is secure.
How to improve privacy on your platform?
- State clear privacy policies and terms and conditions on your websites and landing pages.
- Take the user’s consent before using any data and clearly list the restrictions associated with using your website.
- Give customers complete control of their data.
Personalized Content is the Way-forward:
2020 is going to be the year of personalization. With so many companies focusing on personalization in 2019 and getting results, it seems like an obvious digital marketing trend for 2020.
How can you make your content more personalized?
- Create personalized products or funnels that will primarily focus on your customers.
- Give them a chance to create their own products. Many personalization apps allow your customers to create their own custom products.
- Make your ads more personalized by retargeting.
- Create separate articles for different customer segments and email them by creating customer lists.
A mix of Influencer and Video Marketing:
A new trend that emerged in the late 2019s is about businesses sharing their influencer videos to promote their products. The trend seems to be working with more and more businesses promoting interactive influencer content.
How to create your influencer video ads?
- Ask your influencers to create natural videos using your products and items.
- Instagram and Facebook now allow influencers to tag the brands while promoting their content. These social media sites are also letting brands promote their influencer’s content.
Things to keep in mind for 2020?
Digital marketing in 2020 is going to be more customer-focused than technology-focused. So, you should be prepared to think like a customer before creating your products and marketing strategies. Using the right social media tools will also help you in managing your marketing easily and keep up with the latest trends.
If you have any additions to our list of digital marketing trends for 2020, please share them in the comments below.
Social media and influencer marketing specialist who spends most of her time behind the screen. She's also an avid reader and a travel enthusiast.